My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN, United States

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

God loves guns.

So I was reading the paper last night. And by reading the paper I mean looking at the entertainment section to see what time Academy Award nominated movies are playing so I can have some knowledge in my Oscar picks before Sunday. Right there next to "The Aviator" playing at 8:25 is an ad for a Bible study...in a hotel! Apparently the church had something else going on that...Thursday? We all know what a busy day Thursdays can be. WHAT?!! Oh and in case you didn't know how they were going to teach the Bible study, they tell you: Thru the Bible. Unless that's an abbreviation for Thursday, which doesn't make any sense either (Thurs.). The best part about the Bible study, though, (other than the hotel conference room and the fact that the chapel's called "The Calvary") is that directly under the ad was another ad for a Gun Show in Barron, WI. Which can mean only one thing: God loves Guns! That's why His/Her/Its name starts with a G.

At the gun show you can "BUY-SELL-SWAP" guns, ammo, knives, and equipment for hunting and reloading! They want "stories." They want "pictures." They want...your kids!?? Oh yeah, it's at the Take-a-Kid Hunting Journal Booth at the Community Center. I guess Jesus really does love the little children (so much he wants them to kill each other...Yea)! The best part about this ad is that they state right at the top that the Barron Community Center, where the show is taking place, is "ACROSS FROM THE HOSPITAL." How convenient. Have fun Buying-Selling-Swapping your lives.

Okay, I know it sounds like I'm complaining about hunting again, but I'm really not. When it comes right down to this blog, I'm simply pointing out the humorous placement of a Bible study ad directly above a Gun Show ad in my free New Richmond The Scotsman paper. The juxtaposition is humorous to me and I wanted to share it with all of you. In closing, I just want remind you that Jesus loves you...but only if you kill something.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jean. said...

Lance--
Sorry I didn't get your call last night. What a funny post! You should send it into HEADLINES c/o the TONIGHT SHOw!

Unfortunately, I am not sure if I will be able to make Adam's par-TAY on Sun-DAY. I have so much stuff to get done this weekend, and since I don't have to work, I might really take advantage. My original plan was Sims Thursday, home for Friday and Sat, and then Oscars, Sunday so I wouldn't have to do a lot of driving. But, meh. I think I will have to return to the Kato.

Guess what? 4N6 state is at Bethany next year. If you are in the area, which you will be because I say so, then you can stay at my house for state!

I miss you Lance! Did you like the part of my running post where I said, a small--a SMALL"? That was for you, buddy.

Love Jean

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Lance. do make your post even more ironic, my little brother who is 13 just wan a shot gun at a fishing contest, ironically held in the town right next to Barron. He hasnt tried it out yet, but last time i checked, 13 year olds should be winning guns

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home