My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN, United States

Friday, February 11, 2005

Save the Donuts!!

First off, let me just say, "I love donuts!" Love them! I love donuts so much that I treated 12 of them that I had purchased ealier this morning like they were my own children (delicious creme filled children you can eat and not get arrested for, of course) but children just the same. As I was driving to work this morning, in no particular hurry, I found myself suddenly stopping at a stop sign that had appeared much sooner than anticipated. Obviously I had my box of donuts in the front seat with me so I could watch them, protect them, and smell them the whole ride. As I came to this sudden stop I instinctively reached out my right arm to hold the box of donuts back so they would not come crashing to the floor and forever leave their sweet baked scent in my car as a constant reminder of a loss too horrible to imagine. I love donuts so much I even said...aloud...to myself, "Save the donuts!" And I did...until about 20 minutes later when I ate them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home