My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN, United States

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Kool-lite?

In my attempt to be a healthier person and live longer on this planet to give my procrastinating self more time to do things I really want to do, I've discovered things that simply don't taste good...or as good. Like when I make my delicious cheesey egg sandwiches...without bacon. Or when I eat more chicken now instead of beef and steak...in the same day. But the most recent discovery of untastefullness ( I love making up words. Take that spell check!) would have to be my attempt at making light Kool-Aid. I figured since most of the "light" foods out there have "1/2 the carbs," or "1/2 the fat" I thought I could make one of those single Kool-Aid packets with "1/2 the sugar." You can't get rid of all the sugar. That would be nasty. Well guess what, so is 1/2 the sugar. It really does ask for a full cup of sugar for a reason. The reason being I don't like drinking bitter, colored water. Besides, I don't really know how cutting back on something as fundamental in a child's life as Kool-Aid will really extend my own life. Oh yeah, and sugarless anything just blows.

Here's to sweets!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jean. said...

Lance,
You dumb bastard. You are supposed to substitute VODKA for the sugar. There's your tasty childhood memories..."You smell like the inside of my mama's purse"

p.s. I posted on ho-chunk.
p.p.s. Come to Tony Sims this Thursday, speaking of vodka.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Shan said...

Lance, when I was a kid, my mom only made our koolaid with 3/4 cups of sugar. I never knew the difference...til i lived with Jean. Now, in my adulthood, I'm rebeling by using the full cup. Here's to fatties who "heart" carbs!

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home