My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN, United States

Monday, February 14, 2005

The word of the day is Ho-Chunk

Ho-Chunk. How do you suppose you go about defining such a word? According to the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire, this is a Native American word that means...something. I was really too busy eating all weekend to look it up, but I'm pretty sure it's a Native American word. For Jean and I (and our ever growing appetites) we decided it was the perfect description of us. Since we are a couple of chunky ho's. How to use Ho-Chunk in a sentance: Sunday morning I tried to talk to Jessica and have her join us in the fabulous judges lounge, but she was being a ginormous Ho-Chunk and just grimaced at me before going back to her mini lap top--mp3 player in ear--pretending to do homework but really chatting on IM.

Here's to Ho-Chunks...like Jean and Jessica.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shan said...

Delightful use of Ho-Chunk...tends to describe many in my cirlce of friends...espeically Jean and Jess.

Oh...the radio show...the volunteer job you two got fired from...well, here's to Skinny McFudge and Fudge McSkinny!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Jean. said...

Lance--
I can't believe I have waited so long to read your blog! It is full of awesomeness! I totally forgot about ho-chunk. I feel like a ho-chunk right now. Next time it's the JUNIOR westen bacon Chee. THE JUNIOR.

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am proud to be a Ho-chunk. The only reason i had to look like i was working so dam hard is because the paper i was doing was for a prof that was at the tournament. I was just trying to be a good student. And trying to avoid people i didnt like (not you, you know i would even hang out with dear old lance if it meant free food)

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home